Procurement, Logistics and Supplies Unit
1. The Establishment and Composition of Procurement Management Unit.
The establishment is as per Public Procurement Act number 21 of 2004 and as amended in 2011 section 34 (i) in every procuring entity there shall be established a Procurement Management Unit (PMU) staffed to an appropriate levels.
The Procurement management Unit shall consists of Procurement and Other technical specialists together with the necessary supporting and Administrative staff.
2. Structure of PMU
The unit operates under the Chief Procurement Lostistic and Supplies Officer who reports to Director General
Core Function of PMU
- To plays the role of Chief Advisor to the Director General on all matters pertaining to Procurement, Logistics and Supplies of the Institute.
- To prepare Animal Procurement Plan.
- To procures suppliers of the Institute in accordance with the approved Procurement Plan and provision of the law for the tune being inforce.
- Plays the role of secretary of the Institute Tender Board.
- Ensures creation and maintenance of proper records of the institutes supplies of Assets and Properties.
- Prepares Periodic Procurement, Logistics and Supplies Reports.
- Prepares replies of Audit queries pertaining to stores.
- Sales of books of:
(i) Primary schools syllabus.
(ii) Primary school syllabi guides.
(iii) Secondary schools O’levels syllabus.
(iv) Secondary school O’levels teachers manual.
(v) Advanced Secondary Schools syllabus.
- Preparation of contracts documents.
- Transportation activities – Act as a transporter officer.
4. Communication (Mawasiliano)
For Procurement Matters including buying of TIE school educational materials such as syllabi, modules, manuals and reference books contact the following:
(i) Vedastus Makweba – Seniour Supplies Officer and Acting Head of PMU
Tel. No. 0763 – 097467/ 0784-499100